Surah Al Alaq read online
Surah Al Alaq is the 96th surah (chapter) of the Quran. It is a Meccan surah and consists of 19 verses. The surah is named after the word “alaq” which means “clinging thing” and refers to the stage of human development in the womb when the embryo clings to the uterus. The surah deals with themes of the creation of man, the importance of seeking knowledge, and the importance of following the teachings of the Quran.
Listen surah Al Alaq & Download
|Surah Verses||Surah Words||Surah letters||Surah Rukus|
Surah Al Alaq
Benefits of Surah Al Alaq
There are several benefits and virtues associated with reciting Surah Al Alaq in Islam. Some of them include:
- Protection from evil: According to Hadith, reciting Surah Al Alaq will protect one from the evil of the jinn and shay tan.
- Forgiveness of sins: The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that reciting this surah will result in the forgiveness of sins.
- Increase in knowledge: The surah encourages seeking knowledge and wisdom, and reciting it is believed to increase one’s understanding and learning.
- Protection from poverty: The surah is said to protect one from poverty and financial difficulties.
- Protection from bad deeds: The surah is also believed to protect one from committing bad deeds and guide them towards righteousness.
It is important to remember that, Surah Al Alaq, like all the surahs of the Quran, is a source of guidance, blessings, and knowledge for all believers, and reciting it regularly with understanding and belief can lead to many benefits in this world and the hereafter.
Wzaif of surah Al Alaq
In Islam, there are certain supplications and invocations known as “wazaif” that are believed to bring blessings and benefits when recited regularly. Some of the wazaif associated with Surah Al Alaq include:
- Reciting the surah 11 times after the morning prayers is said to bring success in all endeavors.
- Reciting the surah 100 times after the evening prayers is said to bring protection from the evil of the jinn and shay tan.
- Reciting the surah 1000 times in 40 days is said to bring financial stability and success in business.
- Reciting the surah 7 times before sleeping, is said to bring peaceful dreams and protection during sleep.
- Reciting the surah 21 times after the morning prayers, is said to bring an increase in knowledge and wisdom
It is important to note that, the above mentioned wazaif are not proven by the Islamic scholars. Also the recitation of Quran should be done with understanding and contemplation and not just as a ritual. The true benefit of reciting Quran is to understand its teachings and implement them in one’s life.
Importance of surah Al Alaq
Surah Al Alaq is an important surah in the Quran for several reasons:
- It is the first surah revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and thus holds a special significance in the history of Islam.
- It is a Meccan surah and is considered to be one of the earliest revealed surahs, it teaches the basics of the Islamic faith and the importance of seeking knowledge and understanding.
- The surah deals with the creation of man and the stages of human development, it reminds us of the miracle of life and the importance of taking care of our physical, spiritual, and intellectual well-being.
- The surah also teaches the importance of following the teachings of the Quran and the importance of obedience to God, reminding us of our purpose in life and the ultimate accountability before God.
- The surah also contains some important concepts like the belief in one God, the belief in the day of judgment, the importance of seeking knowledge, the importance of being conscious of God, the importance of being grateful, and the importance of being in a state of submission to God.
- The surah also encourages Muslims to read, write and teach the Quran, which is the ultimate source of guidance for mankind.
In short, Surah Al Alaq is an important surah in the Quran as it lays the foundation for the Islamic faith, and it serves as a reminder of the importance of seeking knowledge and understanding, and the importance of following the teachings of the Quran in order to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.
If you read more surah of the Quran then click here